Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A time to remember!

 I try to keep a personal journal, I don't write in it everyday but at least once a month. Mostly I am writing to God in it or I may write about something that happened in my life that I don't want to forget about. Every month I like to go back and read what I wrote the year before or even the year before that. I like to see where I have been and how I have changed or grown in my walk with the Lord.

  Today I decided to look back to what I had written two years ago in February. These are some thoughts that I had written down that I was glad I had to read again.

 I John 1:5 "God is light and in Him is no darkness."
"So if God is light, He cannot think evil thoughts towards me, because that would be darkness. The truth is if God says He loves me than He loves me. He has never hated me, he has never rejected me, he has never let me down. "

 It is so good to remember this,because in this world we all suffer hurt. We all feel unloved by times. We all feel hated by times. We all feel rejected by times. But with God this is never true. Even at my worst God says He loves me and that He will always be with me.

 This was something else that I had written. "The more I am ok with my imperfections, realizing that I am not going to do things perfectly, the more I enjoy my relationship with God."

 I spent many years feeling like Christianity was all about doing the right thing, I only ended up wasting so many years trying to earn God's favor. It is not about what I have done, but what Christ has done. I actually got to a point in my relationship with God that I did not even enjoy it anymore. It was sad! I am thankful for His saving Grace. He rescued me and I love Him!

 This gives me great hope that He is not done with me yet. He has so much more for me to learn about Him. Who knows where I will be in another two years, but I am so thankful for what He has taught me in these last two. He is ever loving, ever patient, and ever faithful!


2 comments: