Friday, February 15, 2013

Grace so Amazing!

 "Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you,and therefore He waits on high to have  compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; how blessed are all those who long for Him. O people in Zion, inhabitant  in Jerusalem, you will weep no longer. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry; when He hears it,  He will answer you."
Isaiah 30:18,19

  Isn't it encouraging that today even though we may have already screwed up and done the wrong thing that God is waiting to be gracious with us and show us compassion. He promises that when we call out to Him, He will hears us  and He will answer us!
  Everyday I fail, everyday I make mistakes, and everyday that I forget that I have made a mistake my children usually remind me that I have! For instances, the other day, in a very gentle and sincere voice my son says to me "Mommy you get frustrated with people a lot!" Yikes that one hurt! But he is right, I do, and it is not right. So he and I talked about it and I had to apologize to my son. Afterwards I thought, wow, I really have a problem here! If  my five year old is seeing it and he is confronting me about it maybe I should listen. But you know I know that I cannot change this part of me on my own. I try, but I need help. I need a loving God to forgive me. I need a loving God to remind me that I did it again. I need a loving God to stop me before I even start. That is what God promises to do for us. He promises us grace and compassion when we call out to Him.
  I hope that today you find grace and compassion in the Lord! 

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
I John 1:9
  

No comments:

Post a Comment