Wednesday, February 6, 2013

God are you really there?


And you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one word of all the good words which the Lord your God spoke concerning you has failed; all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed.
Joshua 23:14b

  
  Do you ever have times in your life when you wonder if God really has your best interest at heart? Do you ever wonder is He going to fail me? I recently read the above verse and was thankful for the reminder that God always does what he says He will do. He is always faithful. He always has our best interest at heart. Sometimes it is hard to believe that when you are going through a particularly difficult time. 
  2012 was a difficult year for our family. It brought financial difficulties for our family. It also forced us to deal with difficult relationships with other people. Quite honestly, I have wondered by times," Do you really love me God, do you really have something good in all of this for us?" Just this week I have been talking to God about all of this. I have been asking him to speak to my heart, comfort me , and remind me of what is true. The enemy seeks to devour me in my weakest time, when I doubt the truth. Yesterday as I was talking with God I asked that He would give me a truth from His Word that I could hold onto. My scripture reading lead me to Joshua 23. God gave me this verse to hold onto. I am so thankful for how good God is. I am thankful that what He says he will do, He does. I am thankful that I do not have to live a life of doubt. I know that God does love me and has my best interest at heart.
  I also know that when I wake up tomorrow I might doubt these things again. I am not perfect and it seems that my memory is failing me more than usual,( I blame that on the kids!) I tend to forget  what God has already taught me. I so often am like the Israelite and I forget what God has brought me through. God reminded them through the retelling of their story of what He had done for them. He reminds me the same way, through the truths in His Word and through the reminder of what He has already brought me through.


  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment