Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Mother's Heart!

 Tonight I want to just sit and cry. I am feeling, oh so very, sentimental. My children will be 4 and 6 in June, time flies. I have two friends who just had babies in the last couple of weeks. One was born ten weeks early, weighing in at 1lb. 11oz. A miracle he truly is. I saw him for the first time today. His hands are so tiny, about the size of a dime. His little eyes are just slits when he opens them. His mouth is the tiniest thing I have ever seen. So amazing to see him! So amazing to see how God has perfectly formed him! How precious his little life is!
 My other friend, whose baby will be two weeks old tomorrow, just found out yesterday that her little girl has down syndrome. Life changing for sure! My heart breaks for my friend. Some say that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, I do not agree. I believe that He gives us more than we can handle so that we will go to Him for help. He is the only one who can handle anything!
 So tonight as I put my kids to bed, I thought how simple my life is. I have two children who came into this world with barely any complications. We live a very healthy life. We love each other. We are warm and well fed. As I tucked my little prince and my little princess into bed tonight I thought to myself how fast it is all going by. I quite often say to them, " can I keep you forever?" They always say yes! I know that this is not true though. I know that someday they will grow up and make lives of their own, but for tonight we can pretend that we will always be together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment